Have you considered that marketing for your mobile application must comply with Federal Trade Commission advertising guidelines? The bottom line is make sure you disclose what information you are collecting, how you collect and what you do with the information once it is collected. Always remember there are heightened privacy concerns when your mobile app is targeted to children.
Take into account these best practices for advertising and privacy concerns when building and marketing your mobile app.
- Tell the truth about what your app can do.
- Disclose key information clearly and conspicuously.
- Build privacy considerations in from the start..
- Be transparent about your data practices.
- Offer choices that are easy to find and easy to use.
- Honor your privacy promises.
- Protect kids’ privacy.
- Collect sensitive information only with consent.
- Keep user data secure.
The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair practices in the marketplace and to provide information to businesses to help them comply with the law. Read more about Marketing Your Mobile App: Get It Right From The Start.