Media and copyright lawyer Tamera Bennett presented 7 Questions for Authors to Ask Before Signing a Book Contract to the students enrolled in the "Author's Job" course presented by Creative Enterprises Studios.
Seven Questions for Authors to Ask Before Signing a Book Contract:
- Who owns the copyright in my book?
- How do I register a copyright?
- What are the options for publishing my book?
- What rights will the book publisher want?
- What will I get paid?
- When will I get paid?
- How can I cancel the book contract?
Bonus topics on trademark law and book publishing:
- What's the difference between a trademark and copyright?
- How do I register a trademark?
- How can I terminate a copyright transfer?
You can view the slide show above.