In Episode 80 of the Entertainment Law Update Podcast, Tamera and Gordon offer an unscientific take on the top copyright, trademark, film, TV and other entertainment law cases of the year. The round-up includes:
- "Happy Birthday" is Public Domain and ongoing challenges for other songs.
- DOJ - ASCAP/BMI Consent Decree (Music publishing public performance issues).
- Kirtsaeng Supreme Court Ruling on fee shifting.
- Led Zeppelin copyright infringement ruling (and lawyer ethics).
- Actor age confidentiality and First Amendment.
- Vid Angel lawsuit.
- Prince's death and the value of music icon estates.
- VIMEO lawsuit still holding on.
- Changes at the U.S. Copyright Office.
- Looking forward to the U.S. Supreme Court docket.
Please leave us listener feedback at the iTunes store. Your comments will help other folks find our podcast.
This post contains affliate links. That means if you click a link I may receive a benefit.